Elska is a project devoted to sharing our voices and our bodies through honest photography and personal stories. Through our publications, we take you to different cities around the world, introduce you to a dozen or so local guys, and let you get to know them and a bit about gay life in their city. Filled with positivity, sincerity, ad-free and lovingly made, Elska is an independent gay mag that you can truly be proud to own.
Elska Magazine is our flagship product, your key to discovering each Elska city through its local boys and local stories. They are over 150 pages, split into individual chapters that focus on a local guy, filled with evocative images taken of him in the city and at home, plus the story he wrote for us. The experience is most intimate, letting readers feel like they’ve travelled there with us and really gotten to know these men.
Our twentieth Elska Magazine issue is our first to be made in France, and we chose Lyon, the country’s third biggest city, for our focus. Inside, readers are introduced to a selection of local men from the local gay/queer community and you are invited to get to know them through natural and intimate photography and personal stories.
Lyon is a ridiculously beautiful city, full of charming old buildings, cobbled streets, and cute little bridges flanked by embankments. This means that the backdrops of the images are some of the most stunning seen in any Elska issue. Lyon is also home to a remarkably relaxed pace of life, considering that the metropolitan area is home to over two million people. This is translated into the stories that the men chose to wrote, which are generally upbeat and romantic.
Some of the men you’ll meet in Elska Lyon include:
- Julien R, who shares a list of men he’s been with, delivered poetically and with fine but sporadic detail;
- Florent F, who gives an absolutely odd yet beautiful dream-like tale of disappearance and discovery;
- Abdé H, who describes how a good friend enabled him to put down roots in a city that at first felt too unfamiliar and unwelcoming;
- Lucas R, who recalls an unforgettable childhood crush;
- Mickaël M; who reveals the great anguish felt in a relationship with someone who was not available to him.
Ondertitel: Local Boys + Local Stories
Auteur: Liam Campbell
Jaar van uitgave: 2018
Aantal pagina’s: 172
Uitgeverij: Elska Magazine